Power consumers or generators that lack Indicator Lights are:
Some buildings have non-standard ways of displaying their state:
- AWESOME Sink has numerous light fixtures that light up whenever the Sink is in operation
- Freight Platform and Fluid Freight Platform have an icon on both sides of the crane, which light up when the platform is properly connected to a Train Station
- Power Storage has a charge indicator on its side
The Radar Tower has three Indicator Lights, the only building to have multiple. All lights display the same color.
- When a building is constructed, its light will be black, due to a bug. This is resolved as soon as the state of the light changes from the default red, or upon reloading the save file.
- Production buildings refers to buildings with configurable recipes.
- The color of the overclocked state appears white on high gamma values and light blue on low gamma values.
- It is normal for Indicator Lights in Red State or Yellow State to blink. 
- Indicator Lights were not named until the 0.5.0.2 patch notes, where they were named "Building Status Indicator Lights".
- There is an "indigo blue" state which only appeared on unfinished or improperly implemented buildings.
Constructors with the red, yellow, green and white/blue Indicator Lights
- Patch 0.8.1.3: Fixed an issue where the red and yellow states wouldn’t flash
- Patch 0.7.0.0: No power state appears unlit for newly built buildings (bug)
- Patch 0.5.0.10: Fixed Fuel Generator Status Indicator being offset
- Patch 0.5.0.2 (Released again in Patch 0.5.0.3): Fixed Building Status Indicator Lights not working
- Patch 0.5.0.0: Indicator Lights no longer work, appearing to be turned off (bug)
- Patch 0.3.4.0: Red and yellow states no longer flash (bug)