Upcoming contentThis article or section is about an item or feature that will be introduced to the game in a future update.
This page is dedicated to all streams, sneak peeks, leaks, and videos that have been officially released by Coffee Stain Studios about upcoming updates. Content will be removed and added to this page as we see things added into the game and shown in leaks.
Sections detailing past updates have been archived:
- November 2nd, no year specified.[U9 1]
- November 2nd, every year.[U9 2]
- November 8th, 2023.[U9 3]
- February 30th, no year specified.[U9 4]
- No fixed release date has yet been given, although the Steam Store page has previously referenced 2022. [1.0 1]
- It will not be released in January.[1.0 2]
- It will not be released in January 2023.[1.0 2]
- October 19th, 2022 (obvious fake date used for illustrative purposes).[1.0 3]
- Highly doubted to be released before the end of 2023.[1.0 4]
- February 31st.[1.0 5]
- May 3rd has been given in a similar joking delivery to Update 6.[1.0 6]
- June 28th, 2023.[1.0 7]
- 31st of Janember.[1.0 5]
- Satisfactory will have story content (which is fully written and being prototyped),[1.0 8] but it is not expected to be released until 1.0.[1.0 9]
- The story was written by Hannah Beuger.[1.0 10]
- SAM Ore, Mercer Spheres, and Somersloops are all story related items that will be properly implemented.[1.0 11][1.0 12][1.0 13][1.0 14][1.0 15]
- Some items may be unlocked exclusively through the Story.[1.0 16]
The following changes are planned:
- After Update 8, Western Beaches, Western Dune Forest and Blue Crater biomes will receive "mild to significant foliage changes" and "minor landscape changes unlikely to meaningfully impact factory."[1.0 17]
- Jungle Spires, Bamboo Fields and Southern Forest biomes will receive "mild to significant foliage changes" and "landscape changes that MAY impact factory."[1.0 17]
- Paradise Islands will not receive further iteration and will NOT be removed.[1.0 17] Additionally the World border will be moved to allow Pioneers to fully utilize Paradise Island.[1.0 18]
- The rest of the world will only receive minor polish and half of it will have some fixes to water.[1.0 19]
There will not be a snow biome in the game.[1.0 20]
There has been only one DLC repeatedly confirmed so far (via statements/jokes with varying degrees of deadpan delivery), which would introduce flushing of the toilet in the HUB.[DLC 1][DLC 2] It will cost $1, the release date is not known.[DLC 3][DLC 4][DLC 5] A related Toilet Paper DLC was also hinted at,[DLC 6] with each square to cost $5.[DLC 2]
- With 1.0.[OST 1]
- Coffee Stain are looking into revamping the tutorial and very beginning of the game to provide a much easier entry into the game, and to bring in more people to the game and not scare them. [Unspecified 1] They specifically asked for the community to provide them with ideas and their own thoughts on how this could be accomplished in the future.[Unspecified 1]
- Coffee Stain Studios is considering a option that when you join the game during a Multiplayer Session or using a Dedicated Server you will be able to pick which Character you wish to spawn as (i.e. "possess"). [Unspecified 2]
- Skipping Satisfactory 2 & 3, and going straight to Satisfactory 4 [Clip needed]
- YouTube - October 3rd, 2023 Livestream - Q&A: Can you tell us two lies & one truth about Update 9?
- YouTube - October 10th, 2023 Livestream - Q&A: Update 9- November 2nd, which year?
- November 7th, 2023 Livestream - Q&A: Do you know if Update 9 is going to have new content, new quality of life features, or a mix?
- YouTube - October 10th, 2023 Livestream - Q&A: After Update 8 is complete will there be more drive to reach 1.0?
- Satisfactory - Steam Early Access description
- YouTube - October 18th, 2022 Livestream - Q&A: How's the morale ?
- YouTube - October 18th, 2022 Livestream - Q&A Q&A: Are we getting close to 1.0?
- August 29th, 2023 Livestream - Q&A: How likely is the full release before the calendar year?
- YouTube - June 27th, 2023 Livestream - Q&A: Can we get a prediction will be for when 1.0 will be, for old time's sake?
- YouTube - November 30th, 2021 Livestream - Q&A: Full release still April 24th?
- YouTube - June 27th, 2023 Livestream - Intro / State of Dave / Wiki / Twitch Con Paris / Duo Lingo
- Reference Archive - Instagram - January 22nd, 2021 Instagram AMA - Will you add a lore or a secret story to satisfactory?
- YouTube - September 8th, 2020 Livestream Q&A: Will there be a Story Mode?
- November 17th, 2020 Livestream Q&A: Who is Hannah?
- YouTube - December 19th, 2019 Livestream - Q&A: Will Mercer Spheres and Somersloops be useful soon?
- YouTube - October 6th, 2020 Livestream - Q&A: When are these Work In Progress (WIP) items going to be used?
- YouTube - November 17th, 2020 Livestream - Q&A: Any idea when Somersloop, Mercer Sphere, SAM Ore will actually be implemented?
- YouTube - January 12th, 2021 Livestream - Q&A: Mercer Spheres and Somersloops?
- YouTube - January 26th, 2021 Livestream - Q&A: Do Mercer Spheres and Somersloops get a place in Update 4?
- YouTube - September 29th, 2020 Livestream - Snutt Talk: WIP (Work In Progress) Items
- The World is Changing in Satisfactory
- YouTube - May 2nd, 2023 Livestream - Q&A: Any news on Paradise Island?
- Everything you need to know about the Update 5 Map Changes (and more)
- YouTube - March 2nd, 2021 Livestream - Q&A: Is there a winter zone?
- YouTube - December 15th, 2020 Livestream - Q&A: Why can't we flush the toilet?
- YouTube - April 12th, 2022 Livestream - Community FYI: DLC plan per Archive Clips
- November 3rd, 2020 Livestream - Q&A: Will there be DLCs?
- YouTube - November 10th, 2020 Livestream - Q&A: When are we getting Toilet Flush DLC?
- YouTube - January 12th, 2021 Livestream - Q&A: The game is not done until I can flush the toilet?
- YouTube - November 10th, 2020 Livestream - Q&A: When does the Toilet Paper DLC come out?
- YouTube - February 1st, 2022 Livestream - Snutt & Jace Talk: Choo Choo DLC
- Twitter - SatisfactoryAF - November 17th, 2023, in reply to a tweet enquiring as to the hard hats features in the Update 8 Patch Notes video