|“||That’s why you’re sent to that planet. You [have] to build this thing, you construct this giant space elevator and you funnel resources into it in a few stages. You can finish [Satisfactory] and get to the end and press the ‘I Win’ button.||„|
|~ Oscar Jilsén|
The Space Elevator is a special building used to complete phases of Project Assembly by supplying it with Project Assembly Parts. The first three deliveries unlock two higher Tiers of Milestones, while the fourth one unlocks the 'Employee of the Planet' Cup in the AWESOME Shop.
It is visible from all parts of the world, making it a useful landmark for navigation.
The Space Elevator must be constructed to unlock Tier 3 and above. Only one Space Elevator can be built in a game; however, it can be dismantled and relocated without losing progress at any time.
Project Assembly Parts can be manually supplied from the inventory Tab ↹, or with connected conveyors. Once an item has been loaded into the elevator, it cannot be retrieved.
Once the required items are fully satisfied, use the mouse and drag the handle down, 2 times (Load → Seal → Send). When sent, an animation will play where the cargo platform will be ejected up into space, gliding along the central rail. After a while, it will come back down and dock in its default position.
If the package is sealed, but not sent, and the UI is closed, the handle will have to be re-pulled again (Load → Seal).
In a multiplayer game, the Space Elevator and its progress is shared among all players. The handle in the UI doesn't sync between players.
Project Assembly phases
Initial phase requirements
|1||Platform||50 × Smart Plating||Tiers 3 and 4|
|2||Framework||500 × Smart Plating
500 × Versatile Framework
100 × Automated Wiring
|Tiers 5 and 6|
|3||Systems||2 500 × Versatile Framework
500 × Modular Engine
100 × Adaptive Control Unit
|Tiers 7 and 8|
|4||Propulsion||4 000 × Assembly Director System
4 000 × Magnetic Field Generator
1 000 × Nuclear Pasta
1 000 × Thermal Propulsion Rocket
| 'Employee of the Planet' Cup|
in the AWESOME Shop
Total number of parts needed
Most project parts from later phases also need project parts from earlier phases, e.g. the Modular Engine is needed 500 times in Phase 3 and 2 500 times in Phase 4 (for crafting 1 000 Thermal Propulsion Rockets). This means that the total number of parts needed in every phase is higher than the initial phase requirements for that part (e.g. 3 000 Modular Engine in total vs. just the 500 for completing Phase 3).
|Project Part||Phase 1||Phase 2||Phase 3||Phase 4||Total|
|Smart Plating||50||500||1 000||5 000||6 550|
|Automated Wiring||0||100||750||60 000||60 850|
|Versatile Framework||0||500||2 500||10 000||13 000|
|Adaptive Control Unit||0||0||100||8 000||8 100|
|Modular Engine||0||0||500||2 500||3 000|
|Assembly Director System||0||0||0||4 000||4 000|
|Magnetic Field Generator||0||0||0||4 000||4 000|
|Nuclear Pasta||0||0||0||1 000||1 000|
|Thermal Propulsion Rocket||0||0||0||1 000||1 000|
- Although it has two terminals in its model, the player can interact with the Space Elevator from any angle.
- If you are placing a Space Elevator on a foundation platform, you can get centering guidelines by placing observation towers at two cardinal, non-aligned compass points (N/E, N/W, S/E, or S/W, but not N/S or E/W) on your platform, then stand on one of the towers, you will get alignment guidelines to place the center of the elevator in the center of the platform.
- Due to the high cost of project parts, early-stage pioneers might want to prevent overproducing them, in order to save up on parts that are harder to manufacture. Later on, the project parts can be a good source of AWESOME Sink points.
- After each delivery, the Space Elevator will ascend to the sky for a few minutes then descend back to the lower level.
- Only the anchors of the Space Elevator are constructed by the pioneer, which explains its rather cheap price. When built, the anchor grabs the shaft, which is dropped from space.
- The delivery mechanism of the Space Elevator does have collision maps, so if the player managed to work their way up to the top, they would be able to walk around on it. However, this collision area is very inaccurate, meaning that you won't be walking directly on the platform.
- Project Assembly itself cannot be seen in-game, but it appears briefly at the end of the E3 trailer.
- The elevator's shaft texture is very low-quality above the platform. Below the platform, the shaft has a much higher-quality texture. This part of the elevator has blinking lights that flash in an upward-traveling pattern.
- It is possible to complete the last phase within 30 hours. In speedrun community, it is often referred as 'Npackage% speedrun' where N can be 1, 2, 3 or 4, and '1' is omitted for the first phase.
- The internal name of the Space Elevator is "Spelevator".
- According to Jace, Sofi, and Snutt, there is supposedly a food court at the top of the Space Elevator.
- If the planet's flora & fauna are to be used in preparing food to be served in the food court, it is possible that the digestive tracts of the native species are either non-existent or toxic to the intended diners as the FICSIT catering department will likely need to order synthetic sausage casings.
- Lizard Doggo burgers, tacos, kebabs, stir-fry, and gyoza will be on the menu.
- Hog steak will be a special on the menu.
- Patch 0.6.0.4: Fixed HUB and Space Elevator not being able to be turned off on the map or compass
- Patch 0.5.0.1: Fixed an occasional crash when inputting items into the Space Elevator via conveyor belt in certain scenarios
- Patch 0.4.0.4: Fixed exploit that made it able to obtain multiple upgrades of the Space Elevator at the same time in multiplayer
- Patch 0.4.0.2: Fixed the last tier of the Space Elevator being unlockable without completing the requirements for it
- Patch 0.4.0.0:
- Implemented the fourth delivery
- Added specific factory building legs
- Patch 0.3.4.9: Client players can now see the delivery animations
- Patch 0.3.1.0: Now should show the correct values in cost slots now
- Patch 0.3: Now requires special Project Assembly parts for deliveries
- Patch 0.1.15: Now locks after the Tier 7&8 unlock
- Patch 0.1.14: Implemented the third delivery
- Patch 0.1:
- Locked the Phase that opens up Tiers 7 and 8
- Changed screen textures
- Added custom build sound and animation sounds
- Changed Phase names
- Patch Closed Alpha 5.1: Send-off sequence added
- Patch Closed Alpha 2: Introduced
- YouTube - Satisfactory Reveal Trailer E3 2018
- YouTube - August 22nd, 2023 Livestream - Snutt Talk: Internal name for Space Elevator
- YouTube - Developer Highlight - Concept Art
- YouTube - Snutt & Jace Talk: The Wiki
- YouTube - September 26th, 2023 Livestream - Q&A: Please clear up whether Project Assembly _is_ a Food Court or _has_ a Food Court?
- YouTube - September 19th, 2023 Livestream - Q&A: Catering department wants to know if they need to order synthetic sausage casings?
- YouTube - August 10th, 2021 Livestream - Q&A: Food Court is the place where we can get Doggo burgers?
- YouTube - May 25th, 2021 Livestream - Q&A: What will be the price of Doggo Burgers in the Food Court?
- YouTube - February 1st, 2022 Livestream - Q&A: When will we update the menu at the Food Court?
- September 26th, 2023 Livestream - Q&A: Can Hog remains be safely decontaminated so the Food Court can serve Hog steak?