The FICSIT Factory Cart™ (sometimes just Factory Cart or Golf Cart) is a vehicle used to transport pioneers within factories. Its special Grip Wheels ensure swift speedup and braking at the cost of insane drift on uneven surfaces (despite the description claiming "Foundation-only grip", the wheels work on all pioneer-built structures, such as buildings, Walkways, Conveyor Belts, Pipelines, etc.).
Unlike any other vehicle, it doesn't require any fuel. It has a single inventory slot and can be automated, as it disposes with self-driving and is normally detected by Truck Stations.
The Golden Factory Cart becomes available in the AWESOME Shop after sinking a "Employee of the Planet" Cup in the AWESOME Sink, which effectively requires the pioneer to have completed phase 4 of the Space Elevator. This is referenced in its description, "[...]Sinker of Cups, Employee of the Planet[...]"
|Recipe||Ingredients||Produced in||Products||Unlocked by|
|AWESOME Shop - FICSIT Factory Cart™|
|Golden Factory Cart™||
|AWESOME Shop - Golden FICSIT Factory Cart™|
How to get a Factory Cart:
- Unlock its blueprint at the AWESOME Shop for 10 Coupons.
- Craft it at the Equipment Workshop.
- Drag / Double- / ⇧ Shift + to equip in hand.
- to place it on the ground.
- Interact (default E) it to ride.
No recipe uses Desc_GolfCart_CorDesc_GolfCartGold_C
- Riding in a Factory Cart is slightly faster than running with Blade Runners. (55 km/h vs 48 km/h)
- The Factory Cart has a shorter hitbox than a standing pioneer, making it somewhat useful for traversing in a congested area. (1.5 m high vs 1.8 m high)
- Although a vehicle health bar is displayed when riding the cart, it is impossible to damage the Factory Cart by any means.
- The Golden Cart's siren has a rainbow light instead of a red light.
When getting out of the cart and getting back in, only the light will stay on (the siren won't be heard).
- When riding, the upper part of the door will never be fully closed and will stay folded down, dangling outside.
- Pioneers in Factory Cart are immune to fall damage and Radiation damage but not poison damage.
- Truck Stations will load fuel into the cart, which depletes very quickly with no bonus. Its fuel slot cannot be accessed from its inventory.
- When the Factory Cart is tipped, exit the car and interact E with it to flip it back to an upright position.
- Even when driving the Factory Cart in a straight line, it tends to turn right after some distance.
- Driving backwards in the cart is actually highly stable on rough terrain, though it tops out at only 25 km/h, slower than running without Blade Runners (32 km/h).
- The title of the Factory Cart UI will sometimes appear as 'Puny Vroom'.
- Occasionally, when deploying the cart, ADA will say "More than meets the eye."
- It is called Golf Cart internally.
- When the Factory Cart is held as hand equipment, it will make the same popping sounds as the Portable Miner.
- Even when the Cart is being assembled after being put down, you can ride it while it's being assembled. This will show the pioneer floating on nothing for a moment.
- Despite the fact it cannot be built with the Build Gun, the Factory Cart can be dismantled with the Build Gun.
- The Factory Cart was originally a quad bike.
- Patch 0.8.0.3: Fixed the camera for the Factory Cart, it was incorrectly set so it would clip drastically when indoors
- Patch 0.8.0.0
- Moved Vehicle physics to using Unreal Engine 5 Chaos
- Overhauled all Vehicle sounds
- Improved the manual driving of all Vehicles
- Reworked all Vehicle trunks visually simplifying the animation and adding a new sound
- Added functionality for Vehicles to deal damage to creatures by hitting them
- Damage dealt is relative to vehicle speed and size
- Patch 0.6.1.1: Fixed long standing bug where picking up a Factory Cart holding an item could give you a portable miner instead of a Factory Cart
- Patch 0.6.0.0: Factory Cart now show when there is no room in the inventory to pick them up
- Patch 0.5.1.12: Fixed issues with the Factory Cart having difficulties finishing path recording
- Patch 0.5.0.8
- Factory Cart should now have proper physics on new foundation types
- Fixed Factory Cart not having colours when held in the hands slot
- Patch 0.5.0.0: Introduced the Golden Factory Cart
- Patch 0.3.2.0:
- Adjusted the speed to be slightly faster than Blade Runners (previous speed was 40 km/h)
- Now has a crafting time of 10
- Patch 0.3.1.0:
- Tweaked air control and collision
- Now has correct interaction text
- Can no longer be picked up when it is being driven
- Fixed a FOV issue
- Camera position no longer follows when the Cart flips
- Now returns its inventory on Dismantle
- Patch 0.3: Introduced the Factory Cart