The Quantum Computer is an item that can be obtained from the FICSMAS Advent Calendar in the HUB. It appears to be the successor to Computers and Supercomputers. Currently, it can only be used to unlock two Crash Sites.
Desc_ComputerQuantum_C cannot be crafted.
No recipe uses Desc_ComputerQuantum_C
A Quantum Computer is the unlock requirement in two Crash Sites, requiring two in total.
- Prior to the Early Access launch, a Quantum Computer along some other materials was used in the construction of The HUB. That recipe has since been replaced by HUB Parts.
- The item being assembled in the Manufacturer closely resembles the Quantum Computer.
- In real life, useful quantum computers are only experimental at present, though computer scientists have a fairly solid understanding of what they will be able to do. A quantum computer is not exactly faster than a classical computer, but has a massive advantage on brute-force problems because it can essentially compute every possible solution simultaneously, allowing it to swiftly solve problems that would take a vast number of years for a classical computer.
- While the talk of using "quantum bits" instead of "normal bits" might seem to be a jokey description, it is referring to how quantum computers use qubits (or qbits) instead of binary bits as their basic unit of information.
- Patch 0.3.7: Now can be obtained as a random reward from the HUB Advent Calendar during FICSMAS
- Unknown Update 3 patch: Item icon changed