The Xeno-Basher is a melee weapon that shocks enemies, dealing 9 damage. It is a direct upgrade of the Xeno-Zapper, with greater range and damage. Thus, it is advised to unlock and craft it as soon as possible. It also guarantees a stagger when it hits a charging Hog.
|Recipe||Ingredients||Produced in||Products||Unlocked by|
|Tier 3 - Improved Melee Combat|
No recipe uses BP_EquipmentDescriptorStunSpear_C
- When fighting against fast-moving creatures, like Flying Crabs, Stingers or Fluffy-tailed Hogs, it is advised to use the Xeno-Basher over the Rebar Gun as the latter is suitable only for slow-moving targets.
- A Xeno-Basher can cleave more than 1 Flying Crab in a swing attack, but nothing larger.
- It can be advantageous even when compared to the Rifle as it does not require ammo, thus saving your inventory slots.
- It was originally called the Shock Baton in the alpha.
- A small wrench keychain dangles from the hand guard and swings around loosely as the weapon is swung. Shocks continually travel up the center of the weapon like a Jacob's Ladder.
- Occasionally, the pioneer will do a sort of wrist flick to activate the Xeno-Basher. The original method is to just hold it and activate the Xeno-Basher. Some people think this method looks cooler than the original method.
- The handle is almost identical to the handle of the Xeno-Zapper.
- Patch 0.8.2.0: Fixed Xeno-Basher displaying and behaving incorrectly in Multiplayer
- Patch 0.6.1.2: Fixed Audio issues with the Xeno-Basher
- Patch 0.6.0.12: Reduced damage from 10 to 9
- Undocumented Change - Changed damage to 10, removing the 7/14 hit combo (not in patch notes, assumed from 0.6.0.12 change)
- Patch 0.1.5: Changed Wire cost from 200 to 500
- Patch 0.1:
- Damage increased by 40% and nerfed knockback and attack speed slightly
- Sound fixes