The Truck (aka "The Unit") is a 6-wheeled vehicle which can be used to transport large amounts of cargo on land. It can be either driven by the pioneer or automated. It has a higher maximum speed and twice the storage capacity compared to the Tractor, and can ford deeper water without getting stuck. However, due to being very heavy, it can end up being slower to move cargo than the Tractor. It has a tight turning circle thanks to its counter steering rear wheels.
The Truck's inventory can be accessed by interacting with door at the rear of the vehicle, where it can also be fueled by inputting up to a stack of fuel into the fuel slot. All Fuels are accepted, ranging from Leaves to Plutonium Fuel Rods. Fuels with more energy last longer, but don't affect anything else. Additionally, a built-in Craft Bench can be accessed from the same menu, using a tab at the top of the menu.
Once fueled, entering the Truck allows it to be driven. Running out of fuel while driving prevents accelerating and braking. Automated routes can be recorded using the self-driving menu Q.
Despite its huge wheels and complex suspension system, it performs poorly as an offroad vehicle. It can not climb hills as easily as the Tractor or Explorer. It's the biggest road vehicle in the game, which means that it might not fit through small gaps that you might encounter while exploring the world. The suspension system is rather buggy, which can result in the Truck becoming stuck or being launched when driven across very rough terrain. As mentioned before, it also cannot knock down lots of small foliage.
The Truck can climb 2m ramps, but not 4m ramps. It is almost exactly as wide as one foundation, so make sure any roads you build have lanes that are at least one and a half foundations wide.
|Fuel Type||Fuel Value
|Plasma Spitter Remains||250||8.33s||-||-||-||1.67s||4.55s||3.33s||2.78s||-||-|
|Packaged Liquid Biofuel||750||25.00s||-||-||-||5.00s||13.64s||10.00s||8.33s||-||-|
|Packaged Heavy Oil Residue||400||-||-||-||-||2.67s||7.27s||5.33s||4.44s||-||-|
|Uranium Fuel Rod||750000||-||-||-||300.00s
(1h 23m 20s)
(3h 47m 16s)
(2h 46m 40s)
(2h 18m 53s)
|Plutonium Fuel Rod||1500000||-||-||-||600.00s
(2h 46m 40s)
(7h 34m 32s)
(5h 33m 20s)
(4h 37m 46s)
- The wheels and suspensions can easily be pushed by the pioneer, causing the truck to move or even flip over.
- When constructed on top of other vehicles or non-flat objects, the truck will usually get propelled high into the air.
- Tractors display similar behavior when crashing into other vehicles at high speeds.
A truck at a Truck Station
- Patch 0.8.2.0
- Replaced some audio files for the Truck]
- Tweaks and adjustments for Truck audio
- Patch 0.8.0.0
- Moved Vehicle physics to using Unreal Engine 5 Chaos
- Overhauled all Vehicle sounds
- Improved the manual driving of all Vehicles
- Reworked all Vehicle trunks visually simplifying the animation and adding a new sound
- Added functionality for Vehicles to deal damage to creatures by hitting them
- Damage dealt is relative to vehicle speed and size
- Patch 0.6.0.0: Changed cost from 8 Motor, 10 Computer, 4 Heavy Modular Frame, 50 Rubber and 10 Beacon to 15 Motor, 10 Circuit Board, 5 Heavy Modular Frame, 50 Rubber and 20 Encased Industrial Beam