|“||This vehicle has been designed by our best Vehicle Designers™ to allow for easy, fast, and safe exploration of alien territories. *Wifi hotspot not included.||„|
|~ Caterina Parks's assistant Steve|
The Explorer is an all-terrain vehicle. It is faster and more agile compared to both Tractor and Truck and has improved drifting capabilities. The explorer grips or "grapples" the terrain, allowing it to climb steep surfaces and handles rough terrain well, though it has a tough time climbing surfaces such as walls. It can knock down small trees and vegetation.
The Explorer's inventory can be accessed by interacting with a red box in the rear of the vehicle, where it can also be fueled by inputting up to a stack of fuel into the fuel slot. All fuels are accepted, ranging from Leaves to Plutonium Fuel Rods. Fuels with more energy last longer, but don't affect anything else. Additonally, a built-in Craft Bench can be accessed from the same menu, using a tabber at the top of the menu.
Once fueled, entering the Explorer allows it to be driven. Running out of fuel while driving prevents accelerating and braking. Automated routes can be recorded using the self-driving menu Q.
|Fuel Type||Fuel Value
|Plasma Spitter Remains||250||8.33s||-||-||-||1.67s||4.55s||3.33s||2.78s||-||-|
|Packaged Liquid Biofuel||750||25.00s||-||-||-||5.00s||13.64s||10.00s||8.33s||-||-|
|Packaged Heavy Oil Residue||400||-||-||-||-||2.67s||7.27s||5.33s||4.44s||-||-|
|Uranium Fuel Rod||750000||-||-||-||300.00s
(1h 23m 20s)
(3h 47m 16s)
(2h 46m 40s)
(2h 18m 53s)
|Plutonium Fuel Rod||1500000||-||-||-||600.00s
(2h 46m 40s)
(7h 34m 32s)
(5h 33m 20s)
(4h 37m 46s)
- The Explorer used to have two seats since its introduction in Update 1 up until Update 6. However, it could only hold one person.
- The Explorer is prone to bugs where the vehicle will be moved to coords 0, 0, 0. So far the only fix is to use a save editor to move the vehicle to an accessable position. This bug can possibly be avoided via parking it on solid ground and not a foundation.
- Patch 0.8.0.0
- Moved Vehicle physics to using Unreal Engine 5 Chaos
- Overhauled all Vehicle sounds
- Improved the manual driving of all Vehicles
- Reworked all Vehicle trunks visually simplifying the animation and adding a new sound
- Added functionality for Vehicles to deal damage to creatures by hitting them
- Damage dealt is relative to vehicle speed and size
- Undocumented Change: Reduced inventory size from 24 to 12 slots
- If loading a save created prior to this patch, items in the last 12 slots are simply deleted
- Patch 0.6.0.12: Fixed player placement while riding the Explorer
- Patch 0.6.0.10: Changed model to only feature one seat (not in patch notes, but Tweeted)
- Patch 0.6.0.0: Changed 15 Beacon cost to 15 Steel Pipe
- Patch 0.1.5: Introduced