||Smelting ore down to usable ingots has never been this easy! Feed it whatever ore you find, set the recipe, and out comes the life-blood of any successful factory!
||~ Caterina Parks's assistant Steve
The Smelter is a building used to smelt raw ores into ingots.
|3 × Caterium Ore45 / min |4 sec
|1 × Caterium Ingot15 / min |MAM Caterium Research - Caterium Ingots
|1 × Copper Ore30 / min |2 sec
|1 × Copper Ingot30 / min |Tier 0 - HUB Upgrade 2
|1 × Iron Ore30 / min |2 sec
|1 × Iron Ingot30 / min |Onboarding
|Pure Aluminum Ingot
|2 × Aluminum Scrap60 / min |2 sec
|1 × Aluminum Ingot30 / min |Tier 7 - Bauxite Refinement
The Smelter can be overclocked using Power Shards. Overclocking increases the input/output speed of the Smelter at the cost of exponentially increased power demand.
- All Smelter recipes have more effective alternatives in Refineries, obtained as alternate recipes. In the late game, Smelters can be completely replaced by Refineries, at the cost of requiring a bit more space and drawing more power, but greatly increasing ingot yield (except for Aluminum).
A manifold of smelters seen in the E3 2018 presentation.
Five Smelters in a line, built during Tier 0.
- Patch 0.3.4.6: Fixed incorrect material application on the Smelter and Foundry
- Patch 0.3.1.0: Updated VFX for the Smelter and Coal Generator
- Patch 0.3: Clearance tweaks for Foundry, Constructor & Smelter
- Patch 0.1.10: Re-aligned Foundry and Smelter's inputs to allow for tighter connections
- Patch 0.1.9: Adjusted alignments of I/O:s on Foundry, Coal Generator, Fuel Generator, Oil Refinery, Constructor, Smelter and Assembler
- Patch 0.1.5: Clearance adjustments for Smelters, Constructors, and Assemblers
- Patch Closed Alpha 3: Implemented the Significance Manager and added support for Smelters and Constructors
- Patch Closed Alpha 2: Building Sounds: Smelter and miner will no longer animate & make sounds when idle.