|It has been suggested that this article or section be merged with Smart Splitter.
- Reason: Overlap in behavior/mechanics
- Please discuss this on the Discussion page.
The Programmable Splitter is an upgraded version of the Smart Splitter that allows multiple items to be filtered on each output instead of just one. A maximum of 64 different rules can be set in total for all outputs.
Programmable Splitters behave much like a Smart Splitter, the only difference is that multiple rules can be set for one output.
Despite being more advanced, they have few use cases. Their primary purpose is to sort a heavily mixed belt into two or three lesser mixed belts. This is used in a fill method called sushi load balancing.
- Any: The output will behave just like a normal Splitter. Parts will be evenly distributed across this output and any other available outputs. Appears by default in the center output.
- None: The output is unused. Appears by default in the right and left outputs.
- Any undefined: Only parts that do not have their own Item rule will pass through. For example, if a Rotor has its own output, no Rotors will ever pass through.
- Overflow: This output will only be used if there are no other outputs to use (due to being full, or having no suitable rule). If multiple outputs have this filter, overflowing parts will be distributed evenly among them.
- Item: Only the selected item will pass through. Its recipe has to be unlocked first for it to appear in the list. Thus, some items like SAM Ore or Plutonium Waste cannot be sorted.
Upgrading and changing
- All Splitter variants (default, Smart, Programmable) can be swapped between each other by holding Ctrl while aiming at the Splitter to be replaced.
- Additionally, they can be swapped to a Merger if only the center conveyors are connected.
|The history section is incomplete in this article. Please help expanding it if you can. Information can be gathered from patch notes.|
- Patch 0.8.0.1: Fixed a crash when trying to upgrade a splitter/merger
- Patch 0.8.0.0: Added the option to upgrade Splitters (regular, Smart Splitter, Programmable Splitter) by holding Ctrl (default input) while aiming any Splitter variant hologram at any other already build Splitter variant
- Patch 0.7.0.7: Fixed Plutonium Waste and Alien DNA Capsule being missing from Programmable Splitter and Smart Splitter
- Patch 0.6.1.2:
- Updated UI
- Settings can now be copied and pasted
- Patch 0.6.0.10: Fixed rules not saving properly
- Patch 0.5.0.6: Changed conveyor attachments (Conveyor Merger, Conveyor Splitter, Smart Splitter, and Programmable Splitter) to have soft clearance
- Patch 0.3.4.6: Added “Overflow” rule
- Patch 0.3.4.2: Now should no longer back up on duplicate rule definitions
- Patch 0.2.1.11: Added “Any Undefined” rule, which only sends items through that are not defined to go to any other output
- Patch 0.2.1.9: Now should use more than one output when there are multiple outputs with a matching rule
- Patch 0.1.5: Changed crafting cost from 3 Encased Industrial Beam and 1 Turbo Motor to 1 Heavy Modular Frame and 1 Motor