Power Poles are small towers that can be used to extend the range of Power Lines and to transfer power from buildings that produce power to buildings that consume it. Power Poles can be placed on the regular ground but will also snap to foundations.
Each Power Pole can handle an unlimited amount of power passing through it, however, they have a limited number of connections possible based on the tier of the power pole. Power Poles can be linked together with a Power Line for up to 100 meters apart. It is recommended to leave at least one spare connection on each Pole for lines coming from and going to other poles.
- While constructing Power Lines and the 2nd target is not a building, an additional Power Pole will be automatically placed on the cursor's location, as displayed by the hologram.
- The mark of the Power Pole is copied (if the first target is a Mk.2 Power Pole, another Mk.2 Power Pole will be placed); building from other targets (such as building connectors or Power Towers) defaults to Mk.1 Power Poles.
- This hologram will convert to a Wall Outlet if the cursor is aimed at either a wall or the bottom/side of a foundation.
- Additionally, when placing Wall Outlets, the resulting outlet will be either single or double depending on the first target.
- Power Poles can be upgraded in-place just like Conveyors and Miners.
- Holding Ctrl when building a Power Line off another connector aligns the new Power Pole to the first target
- Patch 0.8.2.5: Fixed a crash for Multiplayer / Dedicated Server Clients that sometimes occurred when trying to snap a Power Pole to a Power Line
- Patch 0.8.2.0
- Changed power poles and power towers to use gradual rotation (45 degrees on foundations)
- Holding Ctrl when building a wire off another wire now aligns the new Pole to the original one
- Building a Power Tower off a wire from a Power Pole now correctly increases the build range for the Power Tower
- Fixed bug where build effects for wires never got cleaned up
- Fixed so wire build effect works again
- Fixed so poles created from wires copy the rotation of the pole you drag from
- Patch 0.7.1.1: Fixed Multiplayer and Dedicated Server Clients not being able to place Power Poles off a Power Cable in the Blueprint Designer
- Patch 0.6.0.6: Power Pole Wall Outlets now ignore the Power Line they are snapped to, so they can be placed directly behind it
- Patch 0.6.0.5:
- Power Poles can now snap to and be built on existing Power Lines
- Power Poles and their related attachments should no longer be considered a base, therefore should not despawn any creatures when built by themselves
- Patch 0.5.0.8
- Changed Power Poles to have soft clearance
- Adjusted snapping size for Power Poles and Street Light
- Patch 0.3.4.16: Fixed the Hebrew translations on Power Poles
- Patch 0.3.3.4: Crash fixed when connecting a new Power Pole to a circuit that has mismatching IDs in it. The system now handles mismatching IDs more gracefully, this was most likely caused by buildings being removed using a save game editor
- Patch 0.3.3.0: Introduced new meshes for Power Poles Mk.1, Mk.2, and Mk.3
- Patch 0.3.1.0: Power Poles can now be upgraded in-place the same way as Conveyor Belts
- Patch 0.3: Power Poles placed when building Power Lines now snap to the foundation grid
- Patch 0.1.8: Now show their correct name in their interaction menu
- Patch 0.1.6: Fixed outdated descriptions
- Patch 0.1.5: Increased the maximum amount of connections on Mk.2 (6 → 7) and Mk.3 (8 → 10) Power Poles