The Conveyor Merger is a logistics building that merges up to three input conveyors in sequence and outputs all resources onto the output conveyor.
Conveyor Mergers can be either built separately, stacked on top of another Merger or Conveyor Splitter, or built directly onto a Conveyor Belt. Building directly onto a Belt makes the placement not follow foundation grid alignments.
Two Mergers (or Splitters) fit on one foundation without clipping through each other.
Upgrading and changing
- Merger can be changed to a Splitter or Smart Splitter or Programmable Splitter, as long as only the main output is connected, by holding Ctrl (default input) while aiming any Splitter variant hologram at any other already build Merger.
The Conveyor Merger attempts to continously take resources from the connected 1-3 conveyors and output them onto the output conveyor. If any input is not connected or empty, it takes resources from other connected conveyors instead. The Mk. of a conveyor does not affect the priority, for example, when merging a Mk.4 and Mk.2 conveyor onto a Mk.4, the input Mk.4 will have pauses to allow resources from the Mk.2 belt to be merged.
The Merger has an internal inventory of 9 items.
A Conveyor Merger can be easily distinguished from a Conveyor Splitter, as its output is labelled 〕 arrow and is silver-colored at the top, while the inputs are labelled ≡ and are colored orange at the top.
|The history section is incomplete in this article. Please help expanding it if you can. Information can be gathered from patch notes.|
- Patch 0.8.2.0
- Patch 0.8.0.1: Fixed a crash when trying to upgrade a splitter/merger
- Patch 0.7.0.2: Rewrote Splitter/Conveyor Merger code to make it better
- Patch 0.6.0.0: Optimized Merger visuals
- Patch 0.5.0.6: Changed conveyor attachments (Conveyor Merger, Conveyor Splitter, Smart Splitter, and Programmable Splitter) to have soft clearance
- Patch 0.2.1.10: Now has an internal inventory of 9 items
- Patch 0.1.5: New design