Patch Notes: Early Access (EXPERIMENTAL) - v0.8.0.1 – Build 238993. This patch was released on 14 June 2023.
Hello everyone, we’re happy to be here again with another Experimental release, this update has a lot of intricacies to it due to the upgrade to Unreal Engine 5 so we’re going to try to address some of the bigger issues you’re all encountering before we leave for vacation, so for today here’s some fixes, we’re still reading all your feedback so please keep it coming, we really appreciate it.
If we’re forgetting about something important or if we’ve introduced new issues, please let us know over at our QA Site: https://questions.satisfactorygame.com/ We will look into it ASAP
As always, with every new update if you’re experiencing some major issues launching the game or very unexpected behaviour, please take a look at the “Known Issues” section as this contains some very common workarounds for those issues.
See you around everyone <3
- Removed "Cinematic" Global Illumination preset due to the fact that VRAM does not get flushed correctly, which would lead to severe performance loss until the game is restarted.
- Renamed TSR "Insanity" Preset to "No downscaling" and added Tooltips clarifying their purpose
- Performance (Performance over quality, Some rendering artifacts)
- Balanced (Performance and quality focused)
- Quality (Quality Focused)
- No Downscaling (Only Anti aliasing, not recommended!)
- Fixed issues with players being unable to slide under conveyor belts
- Fixed collision issues on blue/purple trees in Southern Forest
- Potentially fixed all issues with missing water in the world
- Fixed FOV scaling issues for equipment, now it should properly update without having to unequip and re-equip the equipment
- Potentially fixed a crash that would happen when opening the keybinds menu
- Fixed a crash when trying to upgrade a splitter/merger
- The train scheduler has been reverted back to a stable version, some work in progress accidentally got into update 8. This caused problems in some path signal setups. Problems such as allowing a train to enter a path block without the exit being clear.
- A reminder for people who have been having issues with unexpected crashes on startup or weird behavior with the game, in that case please try to verify your game files.
You can do this on Steam by Right Clicking the game in your Library > Properties > Local Files > Verify integrity of game files...
And on Epic by clicking on the three dots ("...") next to the title or at the right side, depending on your selected library view > Verify
This may or may not redownload a large amount of files which might take a while depending on your internet connection or hard drive speeds so be wary of that.
- If you are using mods, they might need to be updated or uninstalled after updating so please keep this in mind too.
- The first time booting the game will be very slow, but that should not continue to happen after the first boot
- Game can hang on quit
- There is major performance loss when running out of VRAM
- Lights don’t behave correctly in Lumen compared to Signs
- Factory Animation tick reductions can be slightly too aggressive
- TSR can cause visual issues with conveyor belts, you can try using the following console command to alleviate the issues, but this will reduce AntiAliasing quality
- r.TSR.ShadingRejection.Flickering 0