Patch Notes: Early Access (EXPERIMENTAL) - v0.8.1.0 – Build 247367. This patch was released on 23 August 2023.
Hello everyone, We’re back from vacation and we’re finally ready to introduce some of the changes we’ve been working on, the focus for this patch is mostly performance improvements that we hope have some positive impact for all the players who were struggling with performance after we made the transition to Unreal Engine 5.
One of the bigger additions of this update is the inclusion of Nvidia DLSS as an upscaling method which in our internal testing has resulted in a performance increase.
There were a lot of minor improvements all across the board so we’re very interested to hear what is your experience with all the work that we’ve done so if you have any feedback please let us know over at our QA Site: https://questions.satisfactorygame.com/ We will be monitoring all your posts to keep working on improving the performance and the overall game stability.
As always, with every new update if you’re experiencing some major issues launching the game or very unexpected behaviour, please take a look at the “Known Issues” section as this contains some very common workarounds for those issues.
Hope this patch helps and thank you all for your continued support <3
- Added Nvidia DLSS as a selectable Upscaling method
- Added Intel XeSS as a selectable Upscaling method
- Added Upscaling method settings
- You can select between TSR, DLSS or XeSS under this drop down when your hardware supports it
- Fixed Lumen for buildable lights. Fixed apply customization data to also apply extra data.
- You will need to reload your save if Lumen was not enabled in order for this to work
- Added Lumen boost to materials
- Enabled Skip draw when shader isn't done compiling, this should help reduce rendering hitches
- Disabled overlap caching to reduce consistent chaos performance loss.
- General Chaos memory optimizations
- Optimized physic scene handling for foliage, should reduce hitches.
- Optimized logic to determine if an entity is near a factory.
- Refactored sign system for optimal performance.
- Improved consistency with backgrounds between signs sizes.
- Fixed a Train pathing issue related to duplicates in the pathfinding results. This would make it so trains would sometimes take the wrong turn at the first switch out of a station.
- A reminder for people who have been having issues with unexpected crashes on startup or weird behavior with the game, in that case please try to verify your game files.
You can do this on Steam by Right Clicking the game in your Library > Properties > Local Files > Verify integrity of game files...
And on Epic by clicking on the three dots ("...") next to the title or at the right side, depending on your selected library view > Verify
This may or may not redownload a large amount of files which might take a while depending on your internet connection or hard drive speeds so be wary of that.
- If you are using mods, they might need to be updated or uninstalled after updating so please keep this in mind too.
- The first time booting the game will be very slow, but that should not continue to happen after the first boot
- Game can hang on quit
- There is major performance loss when running out of VRAM
- Factory Animation tick reductions can be slightly too aggressive
- TSR can cause visual issues with conveyor belts, you can try using the following console command to alleviate the issues, but this will reduce AntiAliasing quality
- r.TSR.ShadingRejection.Flickering 0