Patch Notes: Early Access (EXPERIMENTAL) - v0.8.2.1 – Build 259808. This patch was released on 17 October 2023.
Hello everyone, here’s a few hotfixes from some of the bigger issues we’ve seen you encounter from yesterday that might be preventing some people from playing the game or that will hopefully improve the experience for others.
There’s two things to explain for this patch:
- New Pioneer being assigned when loading your save
If you’ve linked your accounts before, yesterday’s patch would give you a new character, so you would see your previous character offline hanging out where you previously were.
The temporary solution was to find your old character and hit it with a weapon and then retrieve your items
If you did this, Today’s patch will result in the same situation, you will go back to your original character, so it will once again seem like you got a “new character” even though it is now back to the original
What this means is that if you didn’t play yesterday at all, the expected behaviour should be that you don’t get a new character at all, you shouldn’t be affected.
- Offline mode will now be automatically started when online authentication is not available or hasn’t finished
This will be done without a popup for now as it is WIP, so if you get in-game and notice that you’re not able to invite or join multiplayer games try relaunching the game and wait a bit longer for the authentication to finish, You can see the status of this on the bottom left of the screen.
If you’re experiencing issues with this new update, please let us know over at our QA Site: https://questions.satisfactorygame.com/ We read all your posts every day
See you all again soon, hope you’re enjoying the update <3
- Main Menu buttons should no longer be greyed out when the online integration is not fully initialized (When online or offline)
- Made it so offline Players can now take damage regardless of any other conditions like God Mode enabled on Advanced Game Settings
- Fixed Global Illumination being empty by resetting it when the value was set to 0
- Online Integration should now fall back to offline mode when the system fail to initialize rather than crashing
- Potentially fixed some of the crashes related to “Assertion failed:IsInGame Thread() @OnlineAsyncOpHandle.h, for the crashes that were not fixed we’ve added more logging to help pinpoint the cause
- Removed the loading screen related to the online functionality, This will help for players that get stuck on the loading screen, it also fixes the Account linking popup never showing up
- A reminder for people who have been having issues with unexpected crashes on startup or weird behavior with the game, in that case please try to verify your game files.
You can do this on Steam by Right Clicking the game in your Library > Properties > Local Files > Verify integrity of game files...
And on Epic by clicking on the three dots ("...") next to the title or at the right side, depending on your selected library view > Verify
This may or may not redownload a large amount of files which might take a while depending on your internet connection or hard drive speeds so be wary of that.
- If you are using mods, they might need to be updated or uninstalled after updating so please keep this in mind too.
- The first time booting the game will be very slow, but that should not continue to happen after the first boot
- Game can hang on quit
- There is major performance loss when running out of VRAM
- Factory Animation tick reductions can be slightly too aggressive
- TSR can cause visual issues with conveyor belts, you can try using the following console command to alleviate the issues, but this will reduce AntiAliasing quality
- r.TSR.ShadingRejection.Flickering 0