Patch Notes: Early Access (EXPERIMENTAL) - v0.7.0.0 – Build 208250. This patch was released on 15 November 2022. It is the first patch of Update 7 development.
Hi Pioneers! Update 7 is up on Experimental now. The most anticipated addition in this update are probably Blueprints, but you’ll get to enjoy some other nuggets together with them. We’ve added additional modes for Creature hostility, a Conveyor Ceiling Attachment, balancing of Overclocking and Coupon generation, and more. You can find all the details below!
A fair warning, since this is the Experimental release: We are still working in particular on the multiplayer stability of Blueprints and you might encounter more issues there than usual even in Experimental. You can leave your feedback on the Blueprints, other additions, changes, and any issues you encounter on our Questions Site: https://questions.satisfactorygame.com/
Blueprints in particular are a highly requested feature for the game, and we’ll keep working on them. We hope you’ll enjoy them and that you let us know what you think <3
And as always, be safe and back up your saves! Don’t make Snutt tap the sign.
The Blueprint Designer
In this brand-new building you will be able to design, adjust, and save Blueprints for use in your factory. Anything that fits inside the confines of the Designer (4 by 4 Foundations and 8 Walls in height) you will be able to build with a single click as a Blueprint.
Any Blueprint you save in the designer is added to the Blueprints Build Menu Tab, which you can organise as you see fit. From there you can select it like any other building or add it to your Hotbar. Blueprints have some unique build modes of their own, one focused on detailed control and the other on snapping with other Blueprints.
Creature Game Modes
Passive and Retaliating
These are the two new modes we added for Creature hostility which allow you to adjust how to interact with the combat aspect of Satisfactory. If you do want to fight, but want more control over the when and how, the Retaliating mode is for you. Creatures will only attack you if you attack them first, and this works per single creature. So, if you want to fight a group of Hogs or other creatures one after the other, you can do that now.
Passive mode is exactly what it says: All creatures will remain passive, no matter if you attack them or not. If you want to enjoy Satisfactory without the action aspects, Passive mode gets the job done.
You can set your preferred Creature hostility in the Escape Menu under ‘Advanced Gameplay Settings’.
In the future
This is mostly what we have in mind for allowing you to customise your experience with Creatures. In the future we are planning to implement more game modes that allow you to adjust how you play Satisfactory. But that is for after Update 7.
We’ve talked a bunch about Overclocking before and we are finally making some changes to it. If you don’t know, the Overclocking mechanic allows you to make buildings produce parts faster at an exponential power cost or produce slower while consuming exponentially less power. The basic mechanic of Overclocking remains largely unchanged, but we’ve lowered the exponential power cost change. This means that Overclocking is less expensive than it was before, and Underclocking is not quite as cheap. Generators are the only exception to this rule: They Over- and Underclock completely linear.
And of course, there is some more. Conveyor Ceiling Mounts are new, with the addition of contextual switching between relevant buildables when aiming at a wall, ceiling, or floor. This works for both Conveyor and Pipe attachments. The Zipline has a sprinting mode that allows you to go dangerously fast at your own risk. And we fixed some bugs and worked on system changes and improvements under the hood. Lots of good stuff.
We hope all you brave souls on Experimental enjoy the changes!
- Added sprinting functionality for the Zipline
- Added Creature hostility modes that can be set in Advanced Game Settings in the Esc Escape Menu
- Regular: Creatures attack and investigate players based on vision and hearing
- Retaliate: Creatures attack players after being attacked themselves
- Passive: Creatures never attack players
Quality of Life
- Conveyor and Pipe poles now contextually switch between floor, wall and ceiling attachments based on where the player aims while building
- Some improvements / fixes for foundation snapping
- Alien DNA Capsules can now be sunk in the Awesome Sink, generating Coupons separately from other parts
- Reduced the energy cost of Overclocking production buildings (including Extractors) to a lower exponent
- Made overclocking of power generators match the operating rate with the clock speed
- Reduced vertical foundation snapping grid size from 200 to 100
- Updated the game credits
- Implemented double click functionality for Save and Load Game
- Build Mode now prioritises showing missing costs while building
- Added option to only show missing cost when in Build Mode
- Overhauled Pioneer name tags (has this already been released?)
- Added a new submenu called Multiplayer Settings to the Escape Menu and moved Manage Session/Manage Invites there
- Added a cancel button to "Add new server" popup in the Server Manager
- Added a search bar to the multiplayer list in the Join Game menu
- We’ve optimised things, but they’re secrets
- Some smaller fixes have been made
- Blueprints currently can’t be added to the To-Do List
- Changed the Tier and unlock cost for Improved Melee Combat
- Renamed Organic Data Capsule to Alien DNA Capsules
- Added building: Conveyor Ceiling Mount