Patch Notes: Early Access (EXPERIMENTAL) - v0.4.3.0 – Build 165178. This patch was released on 21 September 2021.
Today’s is the release of the Unreal Engine Upgrade 4.26 to Experimental branch, this update does not include new gameplay related content but there’s still some new stuff as we’re testing out DirectX12 and Vulkan implementation, we’ve made some changes to the conveyor rendering system which should improve performance ™️, we have also fixed a few bugs here and there but due to the nature of Engine Upgrades we’ve likely introduced a lot more new ones so…
You can let us know over at our QA site if you find any annoying bugs or if anything is blocking your progress https://questions.satisfactorygame.com/ We’ll try to fix them ASAP <3
You can also let us know other things like if you’re getting performance improvements (or the opposite) or general feedback and suggestions.
Hope you’re all having a great week and I’ll see you again soon <3
- Upgraded to Unreal Engine 4.26
- DX12 now available as renderer in the options menu
- Vulkan now available as renderer in the options menu
- Various improvements to the Conveyor Renderer (Requires “Use Experimental Conveyor Item Rendering” to be enabled in the options menu)
- There is a crash when exiting the game while using Vulkan or DX12
- Playing on the Early Access version after having changed to DX12 or Vulkan on Experimental might lead to crashes on start-up or other unexpected behaviour, to fix this launch the Experimental version again, switch back to DX11 (default) and then launch the Early Access version again
- Alternatively, you can fix this by editing the config file as described below:
Enable/Disable DX11/DX12/Vulkan via config file
Consider backing up your config files if you are not used to this kind of stuff
Open the config file (copy paste into file explorer):
To enable DX12 add the following 2 lines to the config file:
To enable Vulkan add the following 2 lines to the config file:
To enable DX11 simply remove the above lines from your config file. DX11 is the default setting when neither of the other 2 options are present
- A reminder for people who have been having issues with unexpected crashes on startup or weird behaviour with the game, in that case please try to verify your game files.
You can do this on Steam by Right Clicking the game in your Library > Properties > Local Files > Verify integrity of game files...
And on Epic by clicking on the three dots (“...”) next to the title or at the right side, depending on your selected library view > Verify
This may or may not redownload a large amount of files which might take a while depending on your internet connection or hard drive speeds so be wary of that.
If you are using mods, they might need to be updated or uninstalled after updating so please keep this in mind too.