The player can place a Ping at the location where the cursor is by pressing Alt + Left Mouse Button . The ping indicator shows up as an exclamation mark and is now visible on the on-screen Compass and Map. The ping also makes a sound coming from the ping location. Pings can be used to point at things for other players to see.
- Sometimes the player can get stuck in ping mode after using Alt + Tab ↹ to switch windows out of the game, resulting in every click being interpreted as a ping regardless of if Alt is pressed. Press Alt again to resolve this, returning clicking functionality to normal.
Ping can be used to survey terrain distance, although it has a limited range ~500 metres.
- Patch 0.8.2.0: Fixed Ping indicator occasionally pinging the player
- Patch 0.6.0.14: Fixed pings being invisible for other Multiplayer players or Dedicated Server players
- Patch 0.3.4.14: Updated the Ping effect
- Patch Closed Alpha 4: New colours for player pings